Wednesday, May 4, 2011

NH- S STUDENT PLACES FIRST AT STATE ORCHESTRA


On April 13th through April 16th, Greg Chen of New Hope-Solebury High School participated in the Pennsylvania Music Educators Association All State Orchestra Festival in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Greg placed first in the second violin section which is the highest placement for any NH-S student in over 10 years. The State Orchestra festival is the culminating concert of the 2011 PMEA calendar. Greg successfully auditioned for the Bucks County , District 11 , and Region 6 music festivals before achieving “first chair” status at the All-State level.

“I received a letter from the Pennsylvania Legislator of Bucks County congratulating me for getting into States which was very cool,” remarked Chen. “I would especially like to thank Mr. Wehr, my violin teacher, and my mum who tirelessly drove me to all my lessons.”

No comments:

Post a Comment